Pennsylvania legalized online lottery sales back in October 2017. The PA Lottery then launched online games in May 2018, which can be enjoyed from anywhere within state borders. Whether you want to play on your desktop, laptop, mobile or tablet, a version of the PA iLottery is available to suit you.
Access the site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Here’s everything you need to know about the PA iLottery, and a helpful bonus code to get you started on the site.
PA iLottery bonus code 2021
You’ll receive $20 free play just for signing up at the PA iLottery site. Use the bonus code “PLAY20” at registration to try your hand at a couple of online games and get a feel for the site. You only need to play through the bonus once before you can cash out, which is a huge positive.
Check your bonus amount and how much you’ve spent so far by clicking on “My Account” in the top right corner of the site, and choosing the “My Bonuses” tab.
Other PA iLottery promotions
PA iLottery runs a great daily promotion schedule to add something new to your gaming experience. Offers switch up quite regularly, too, meaning there’s always something new to try out. Ongoing offers that you may find at PA iLottery include:
- Sunday Towers: Receive $5 cashback when you wager $50 on a chosen game.
- Weekend Email Special: Get a weekly promotion sent straight to you every Thursday, just for signing up to the site’s email list.
- Mega Millions Tuesday: Play $2 cash on Mega Millions to receive $2 in bonus money.
- Two for Tuesday: Get a free $2 bonus when you play $2 on a chosen game.
Please note that most of these offers come with a 5x wagering requirement before you can convert the bonus money into cash. The games featured in the offers switch up regularly, so make sure to check before play. You can reach the promotions tab by clicking the “More” tab at the top left corner of the site, then going to “Promotions” and “Daily Promotions.”
PA iLottery refer a friend program
Once you’ve exhausted your welcome bonus and daily promotions, there’s another way you can get your hands on further rewards. The PA iLottery refer a friend program is pretty straightforward — simply send invitations out to your friends, and receive $50 in bonus money if they register and play $10 within 30 days.
Find the program by clicking the “More” tab at the top left corner of the PA iLottery site, then go to “Promotions” and “Refer A Friend.” You’ll then need to click to send email invitations to your friends and fill in the form on the program page with your invites. It’s not the most impressive method out there, but it does the job.
Once you’ve entered the form and your friend(s) sign up, PA iLottery will know whom to reward with a $50 bonus. To trigger the offer, your friends simply need to deposit and play $10 in their first 30 days. Make sure they sign up by following the link you send out to them by email. The $50 bonus offer comes with a 5x wagering requirement, which expires seven days after the bonus is credited.
Your friends will also receive a shiny new bonus just for signing up if you share the bonus code “FRIEND” with them. Entering this at the sign-up stage will entitle them to a further $20 in bonus money.
Pennsylvania Lottery Games
The Pennsylvania Lottery offers a variety of games to players across the state, including scratch-offs, Fast Play and draw games. You can play games from as little as a dollar. You can demo all games first to learn the rules and prize tables for each. Keep a lookout for special themed games throughout the year, such as Clover Cash on St. Patrick’s Day and Merry Multiplier at Christmas. Here’s a look into what you’ll find on the online lottery site when registering.
Online scratch-off games work pretty much the same as your traditional scratch-off ticket. The object of the game is often to match symbols or prize amounts to win a prize. PA iLottery instant win games are as follows:
- A Dragon’s Story
- Ballroom Bingo
- Bee to Zee
- Big Eats Little
- Big Money Slingo
- Bigfoot Reveal
- Cash and Conquer
- Cash Buster Bonus
- Cash Buster Extreme
- Cash Buster Towers
- Cash in the Lamp
- Cash Out Cupcake
- Cats, Hats & Bats
- Cinna Money Match
- Creepy Cash
- Crossword Cash
- Double Your Luck
- Deal or No Deal
- Fast Buck Basketball
- Fast Buck Lucky
- Foxin’ Wins Again
- Foxin’ Wins Reveal
- Fruit Loot
- Fruit Towers*
- Garden of Secrets
- Gorilla Go Wild Reveal
- Grumpy Cat
- Hex-Pop Payday
- Jungle Tumble
- Lucky Peggs
- Magnified Money
- Medieval Match
- Merry Multiplier
- Money Night Football
- Monster Wins Reveal*
- Monster Wins Again
- Neon Keno
- Pennsylvania Payout*
- Pharaoh’s Multiplier
- Prospector’s Gold
- Potion Payout*
- Piggy Bank Payout
- Red Hot Keno
- Red Hot 10s
- Robo Riches
- Rainbow Fortunes
- Robin Hood Reveal: Price of Tweets Reveal
- Spooky 7×7
- Super Cash Buster
- Super Gems
- Spring Cascade
- Treasure 7×7
- The Wizard of Oz
- Volcano Reveal
- Walrus Winnings
- Wild Run Reveal
*denotes Hot Games
We could see PA iLottery eventually offer online versions of the same traditional scratch-offs found at PA Lottery retailers. There’s currently over 50 of these sold across the state, including:
- $3 Bingo
- $10 50X the Bucks
- $20 Big Money Millionaire
- $5 $100,000 Wish List
- $20 $1 Million Pennsylvania Payout
- $20 All the Money Millionaire Edition
- $30 $3,000,000 Extreme Green
PA iLottery draw games
PA iLottery currently offers just two draw games but is expected to add more over time. The two options now available are Mega Millions and Power Ball Power Play. You must be over the age of 18 and within state borders to play.
While these games did previously come with a guaranteed jackpot amount, the rules have now changed. Jackpot increases are now determined and announced before each draw in response to demand. Here’s more on the two options available:
- Mega Millions — The jackpot starts at $20 million and rises until claimed, potentially reaching into the hundreds of millions or higher. Tickets cost $2 each. If the Megaplier option is chosen, the total cost of each ticket is $3. This will multiply any winnings by up to 5x for all prize tiers except the jackpot.
- Powerball with Power Play — This game also starts at a $20 million jackpot and can rise to hundreds of millions or more. If you choose the Power Play option, the total cost of each play is $3. This multiplies any winnings up to 10x for all prize tiers, except the jackpot.
The site is likely to expand over time to include other popular draw games available from state lottery retailers, including:
- Pick 2, 3, 4, 5
- Pennsylvania Lottery Cash 4 Life
- Cash 5!
- Match 6 Lotto
- Treasure Hunt
- Millionaire Raffle
How to play PA Online Lottery draw games
Purchasing online lottery tickets is pretty simple. You must be over the age of 18, and within state borders in order to play. Find all draw games available by clicking the “Games” tab on the iLottery homepage then toggling to “Draw Games.” Here’s how to play.
- Select the number of tickets you want to play: one, two, three, four or five.
- Choose how many consecutive draws you want to play. You can choose up to 13 weeks in advance.
- Choose whether to trigger the Megaplier or Power Play options for an additional $1.
- Choose your desired numbers, or select the “QUICK PICK” button to be randomly allocated a set.
Fast Play games
The PA iLottery site offers a small number of Fast Play games to its players. These are very similar to traditional scratch-off games, except you don’t actually need to scratch. Games currently available are:
- Gold Fish
- Keystone Cash
- Lucky You
Other popular Fast Play games like Fast Cash Bingo and Triple Win are likely to be added to the site later down the line.
PA iLottery currently offers two keno games — Neon Keno and Red Hot Keno. These fast-draw lottery game trigger a draw every four minutes, seven days a week. You’ll need to try to match up to 10 of 20 numbers drawn to win.
We could also see virtual sports games added to the site in the near future. These are fast-draw lottery games with simulated sporting events that play out every four to five minutes, seven days a week. Players wager on the outcome, which the game randomly generates.
How to sign up for a PA iLottery account
You’ll need to register for a Pennsylvania Online Lottery account before you’re able to start playing. It’s a pretty easy process — you just need to be over the age of 18, have a valid PA address, and be within state borders at the time of play. Here’s how to sign up for an account.
- Click through to the PA Online Lottery site using our exclusive links. This will make sure you’ll receive the $20 bonus offer upon registration.
- Click the green “Sign Up” button at the top right corner of the site.
- Enter the required information. This includes your email address, full name, date of birth, address, and phone number.
- Set a secure password for your account and two security questions.
- Read the terms and conditions and certify your registration is legal.
- Click “Submit.”
- Enter the bonus code PLAY20 if prompted.
How to start playing iLottery
There are a few things you need to be aware of when setting up your PA iLottery account. Once you’ve followed the steps to set up your account, you’ll be able to try the games for free. You’re required by PA law to verify your identity before playing for real money. You’ll do this using the last four digits of your Social Security number. This also makes sure the lottery can pay you quickly if you are to win over $600.
Pennsylvania Online Lottery banking options
You can securely move funds into and out of your iLottery account using a number of quick and easy methods. Visit the “My Account” section to access the cashier. This is also where you can request withdrawals.
The PA iLottery site offers a great variety of secure payment methods so you can make deposits without issue. Get back to playing as quickly as possible by choosing one of these methods:
- VIP Preferred (ACH e-check): Transfer funds instantly from your bank account using your bank number and ABA number.
- Visa/Mastercard/Discover: Use your credit or debit card to fund your account. Credit card deposits are subject to limits.
- PayPal: Use your PayPal account to fund your iLottery balance when it is linked to a bank account.
- PALottery Play+account: Fund your Play+ account using a credit card, debit card or bank account. Limits apply.
- PayNearMe: Deposit cash at any 7-Eleven, CVS Pharmacy, Family Dollar or ACE Cash Express location.
How to deposit cash into PA iLottery
To deposit funds into your PA iLottery account, follow these simple steps. Make sure to have your banking details close by to make the process as smooth as possible.
- Log in to PA iLottery.
- Go to your account icon at the top right side of the page.
- Choose a deposit option.
- Complete your transaction.
Withdrawal methods and collecting iLottery winnings
As expected, online lottery withdrawals work a little differently from online casinos and sportsbook sites. You need to claim any winnings over $600 in person by visiting a PA Lottery office. You will need to claim any prizes over the $50,000 mark in person at PA Lottery headquarters. You can, however, withdraw any winnings below $600 using these methods:
- ACH Direct Transfer
- PA Lottery Play+
How to withdraw cash from PA iLottery
You’ll need to file a request to withdraw your winnings from the PA iLottery site. Remember that you can only withdraw winnings of less than $600 online.
- Log in to your PA iLottery account.
- Go to your profile.
- Select the cashier option.
- Choose from the withdrawal options listed above.
- Complete your request.
If you request a withdrawal via ACH, you may need to provide documents for verification. A recent bank account statement containing your full name and account number will suffice.
PA Lottery Official App
The PA Lottery offers an official app so customers can play on the go, providing they’re within state borders. The app is available for download for both iOS and Android devices, operating smoothly with little to fault. All PA iLottery games are available through the app, and players also have access to their VIP Club account.
You can play iLottery, use a ticket checker to check recent draws and enter Second Chance Drawings right from the app. If you’d prefer not to install an app, the site is mobile browser friendly. It works particularly well with Google Chrome.
How to download the PA Lottery Android app
Google does not list gambling apps through its Play Store, so Android users will need to download the PA iLottery app from the site itself. The LITE version of the app can be found on the Google Play Store, though this does not allow users to play online games. Follow our instructions to download the full version of the mobile app as quickly and easily as possible.
- Go to your device settings and click on “Security.”
- Scroll to allow your device to download from “unknown sources.”
- Click through to the PA site using one of our exclusive links. This will make sure you receive all available offers upon download.
- Scroll to find the “Download for Android” button.
- Tap “OK” to any security messages. The app is completely secure.
- Open the downloaded folder to begin the installation.
- Sign in and enjoy.
How to download PA Lottery App for iOS
If you’re an Apple user, luck is on your side. It’s much easier to download the online lottery app onto an iPhone or iPad than it is to do so on a mobile device. Follow the instructions below.
- Click through to the PA iLottery site using our exclusive links. This will trigger any ongoing offers.
- Scroll to find the “iOS Download” button.
- You will then be redirected to the App Store. Click “Download” and “Install.”
- Sign in to find your welcome bonus and enjoy.
Pennsylvania iLottery and the law
The US Department of Justice released a legal opinion on the Federal Wire Act in December 2011. The opinion only applied to sports betting at the time, but slowly paved the way for the online lottery to launch. Pennsylvania’s Online Lottery site launched in the spring of 2018 when a state bill on gambling expansions passed.
The Pennsylvania Lottery is the only state lottery that still donates all proceeds to programs that benefit seniors. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board does not oversee the state iLottery. The site falls under the purview of the PA House of Representatives’ Gaming Oversight Committee. The site is completely safe and legal to use.